Do you have any favorite skin care quotes? Read on for a rundown of a few noteworthy ones below!
Let’s face it: we’ve all had mornings where it was a drudgery to cleanse and moisturize; we’ve all had nights where the last thing we wanted to do before bed was our nightly skin care routine. That $25 bottle of toner you splurged on? Maybe you would’ve rather put that money toward something more “practical,” but that product is a staple in your skin care routine, and your skin responds so well to it.
The truth is, skin care isn’t always convenient or cheap, yet it’s a necessary part of self-care. Your skin is the largest organ of your body, protecting you from harmful bacteria, chemicals, and harsh temperatures. This means that it deserves every last bit of nourishment and pampering that you can afford!
Today is all about promoting good skin care practices, so we’ve compiled some of the most inspiring skincare quotes to cheer you on!
1. “I’m a big believer that if you focus on good skin care, you really won’t need a lot of makeup.” ~Demi Moore
After all, what’s the point in covering up a healthy, glowing complexion?
2. “Aging is a fact of life. Looking your age is not.” ~Dr. Howard Murad
While you might not enjoy exactly the same smooth, supple canvas at 40 as you did at 20, there are always steps you can take to nourish your skin and keep it youthful and glowing for as long as possible. Daily SPF application is just one example of a highly effective tool to add to your skin care regimen to reduce signs of aging.
3. “Makeup should never be used to hide yourself. It should be used to enhance your natural beauty.” ~Kira Carl
If you don’t care for your skin, your makeup application isn’t going to do very much for you. For example, if your pores are clogged and enlarged from lack of proper skin care, concealer will only act as an insufficient mask.
4. “On one hand, I’m this weird androgynous tomboy where I’m strangely low maintenance and have a five-minute makeup regimen. On the other I’m obsessed with all things beauty, from skin care to makeup.” ~Rachel Zoe
You don’t have to be a girly-girl to take care of your skin. Find a simple, two-minute skin care routine that works for you and stick with it!
5. “Your skin is the fingerprint of what is going on inside your body and all skin conditions. From psoriasis to acne to aging, these are the manifestations of your body’s internal needs, including its nutritional needs.” ~Dr. Georgiana Donadio
Struggling with specific skin conditions that never seem to go away? They may be a sign of something deeper happening within your body. Like exercise, skin care issues are often not about “spot reduction,” but are rather about an intrinsic change that needs to be made to your diet or lifestyle. Listen to and take care of your body, and improved skin will follow.
6. “Be good to your skin. You’ll wear it every day for the rest of your life.” ~Renee Rouleau
Skin isn’t like hair that you can just chop off if you get sick of it. While both grow back (in their own way), skin tends to be a bit more stubborn than hair. It’s important to find products (and a regimen) that your skin likes, and stay consistent with it.
7. “Skincare is like dieting. You have to invest time and effort. There is no instant miracle cure.” ~Dr. Karen Grant
For most things to be effective, time, investment, and consistency are key. You can rarely dab on a zit cream or exfoliate one time and expect miraculous results. Do the research, make the splurge, and dedicate a small amount of time each day to proper skin care for healthy, radiant skin.
8. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” ~Jim Rohn
Ever stop to think that you can never get away from yourself—ever? That’s just one reason why proper self-care is necessary. Diet, healthy habits, and an established skin care routine are just a few of the ways you can show yourself some extra love!
9. “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” ~Mark Twain
Humor us for a second: wrinkles don’t always have to be a bad thing. Famous author Mark Twain believes that they are the result of a life filled with laughter, and we think that’s a great mentality…so don’t hate too much on those dynamic wrinkles. Keep on smiling! It’s medicine to the soul.
10. “A year from now, you will wish you had started today.” ~Karen Lamb
While this quote can be applied to virtually anything, there are actions you can take today that will probably mean healthier skin a year from now. Don’t put off proper skin care. Once you start (and see results), it’s incredibly addictive, anyway!
11. “Hydration, so whether it’s drinking a lot of water, or I travel a lot so my skin gets dry on the plane and I need to stay hydrated, so I use a facial mist.” ~Rihanna
We’re all about living a healthy lifestyle, and it starts with hydration! Like Rihanna, drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself from the inside out–and supplement this with a hydrating toner or mist for your skincare routine.
12. “Nature gives you the face you have at 20; it is up to you to merit the face you have at 50.” ~Coco Chanel
If you spend years neglecting your skin, don’t expect to age well. Factors like harsh soaps, inadequate moisturizers, and the elements (UV rays) can all significantly damage skin over time. No matter how young (or old) you are, start taking care of your skin today. You’ll thank yourself in a few years.
13. “We can’t control what’s in our air but we can control what we put on our skin and our bodies.” ~Miranda Kerr
It’s no secret that our environment today isn’t the healthiest. With environmental toxins and pollutants at an all-time high, there’s little we can do to mitigate or escape such widespread effects. That said, you can at least take control of your own surroundings, products, and food items to ensure you’re not contributing to the toxicity to which your body and skin are exposed.
14. “I don’t like standard beauty — there is no beauty without strangeness.” ~Karl Lagerfeld
Ever feel like you don’t “fit the mold?” Good news: you don’t have to. Fashion icon and legend Karl Lagerfeld doesn’t even think so! Embrace whatever features make you a bit unique. Freckles on your lips? Awesome (just make sure you’re applying SPF regularly). Thick eyebrows? So cool! Seriously, run with what makes you different. There’s no one else exactly like you, and we believe that’s cause for celebration.
15. “My mom always told me that drinking water was the most important skin care tip. I also think the less you do to your skin, the better. I’m a fan of simple and natural products.” ~Hailey Rhode Baldwin
Um…how underrated is drinking water for good skin, guys? It’s recommended that you drink half an ounce to an ounce of water for each pound you weigh each day, so do the math and pour some water. The result will be healthy, hydrated skin!
16. “…with skin care, you know anything that you put into your skin goes into your body, so you want to know it’s actually good for you.” ~Cate Blanchett
Skin is extremely porous, so do some digging to ensure that your skin care products are safe for your body as well as for your skin. Check out our handy safety breakdown for any product you’re considering to determine whether it’s worth using.
17. “I cleanse my face no matter how tired I am or how many martinis I’ve had that night.” ~Romy Frydman
We’ve all been guilty of leaving our makeup on overnight from time to time, but it’s not a step you should skip on the reg. Removing makeup and cleansing your face will take less than five minutes, and is one of the simplest steps you can take to keep skin clean, healthy, and clear.
18. “Besides taking care of my appearance, I also try to exercise more. I prioritize exercise now and I also feel like my skin condition improves when I exercise and sweat.” ~Song Hye Kyo
When you find a skin care product that works well for you, it may feel like a small sacrifice to keep investing in that product each time it runs out. Skin care can be cheap, but it can also be expensive—especially if you’re using all-natural products with non-toxic ingredients. That said, it’s important to look at skin care as a worthwhile investment. You wouldn’t skimp on proper nutrition, so don’t skimp on proper skin care.
19. “Using organic skincare is something I’m very passionate about because our skin is our largest organ, and what you put on it soaks directly into your bloodstream, so that’s why it’s important to use clean, toxin-free, organic products.” ~Miranda Kerr
As we’ve touched on above, the products you can use should ideally be easy on your skin and on your body to protect your overall health.
20. “True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.” ~Audrey Hepburn
Ah, our girl Audrey. At the end of the day, this quote is priceless: no matter how your skin looks, no matter how physically beautiful you may or may not feel you are, your beauty will always first be reflected in your soul.
And there you have it – these are a few of our favorite skin care quotes! These skin care quotes will hopefully guide you and inspire you on your own quest for a regular, effective, and uplifting skin care regimen. Quotes aside, make sure your skin care routine consists of cleansing, toning, moisturizing your skin (add steps as you see fit!). And finally:
“Love the skin you’re in.” ~Olay
…No explanation needed.